Friday, May 18, 2012

DIY t-shirt rosette


I mentioned it before, but I really like creating things with old t-shirts.

The only things you'll need for this rosette is a piece of t-shirt material (about 17in x 2.5in) and a hot glue gun (with glue, of course).

Cut the material into 3 even strips, leaving them connected on one end.


Stretch the 3 strands by pulling the ends (the strands will curl).


Braid the strands together. (I braid them on the floor, and use my heel to hold the end down).


When finished braiding, tie the loose ends together to secure them for now.


Starting with the end of the braid you braided first, roll together, applying glue to the inside of the braid as you go.



When you get to the end, untie the end and fold the pieces over the edge onto the bottom of the rosette. Glue as you go.
 







You now have a rosette!


You can easily apply it to any craft project, such as a headband or bracelet.


Enjoy!

Questions or comments? Feel free to send me an email, or use the comment box below. Thanks! 


Linking up at these cool blogs:

 
The DIY Dreamer




Happy Go Lucky
 
                                                            
five days five ways  feature friday free for all

12 comments:

  1. They look cool. I've done rolled fabric ones before - but not braided. Have you tried stitching felt and a brooch or safety pin? Then you can pin them onto bags and such too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister has created small rosettes with felt and put them on bobby pins. Crafty things are fun! :)

      Delete
  2. Soooo pretty!!! Great idea to braid it before rolling it into a flower. It gives it such a pretty look!

    Thanks so much for sharing at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you link up this evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for hosting DIY Dreamer. :)

      Delete
  3. These are fantastic, they look so good! I'm pinning this so I can make some later :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is great and so simple !! thanks for sharing
    I am hosting a blog hop today over at my blog :-)
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! So simple with such a nice result. And... something to do with my husbands old tee shirts ;-) Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by our blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by! I hope you enjoy making some rosettes. :)

      Delete
  6. Those are very pretty and look so neat. I might make some for my kids hats. Thanks! Just pinned!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. You just made my day a bit brighter!