26 this past Wednesday.
I'm now closer to 30 than I am to 20.
I know, I always was. But just recently I've really been thinking about the kind of woman I want to become. The kind of woman I know God desires me to be.
As I was thinking on this, the thought came into my head: Where do I want to be in the next 26 years (if God blesses me with them)?
Here are some of my answers:
- I desire to be closer to Jesus than I ever was.
- I hope to be a godly wife. I want to make my husband proud, so to speak. I want to be that Proverbs 31 woman.
- I hope to be a wonderful mother. I want my children to be able to come to me about anything. I want to be there for them no matter what and with my husband, raise them into godly, responsible adults.
- I desire to shine for Jesus. I want others to be able to look at me and say, "There's something wonderfully different about her..."
- I want to please Jesus in my day-to-day actions.
- I want to be selfless.
- I want to be a good listener.
- I desire to be a woman who fully relies on God. Whose faith isn't shaken in the storms, as it's grounded in Him.
I pray for God to transform me, daily, into this type of woman. I don't want to ever stay where I am and stop growing. I want to grow and become all that He desires me to be.
What goals do you have for the next ___ years?